As the next step in VeraSafe’s mission to provide clients with the world’s best data protection advice, with a human touch, VeraSafe is excited to announce that we have expanded our presence in the European Union. VeraSafe is perhaps the longest-serving and most well established data protection representative (DPR) service provider in the EU, and we are excited to announce a new acquisition in the Baltic region of the European Union.
Latvia has recently joined the ever-growing list of European countries with a VeraSafe footprint (after Ireland, the Czech Republic, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, and Spain). In late 2021, VeraSafe acquired Riga Tech Ventures SIA, now SIA VeraSafe Latvia. With this acquisition, we continue to solidify ourselves as a leader in privacy law, data protection, and cybersecurity in Europe and across the globe.
We have been re-imagining privacy and data protection compliance services for over a decade by providing best-in-class, practical, professional, and cost-effective service to a variety of industry sectors such as life sciences (with a particular focus on GDPR compliance for clinical trials), software-as-a-service, professional services, heavy industries, and CPG. This acquisition allows us to further grow our European coverage. As your end-to-end partner for the entire privacy and cybersecurity domain, we’ve developed a unique suite of services that doesn’t stop at helping you understand what the law says, but helps you work through its implementation.
Some of the VeraSafe leading product and service offerings include:
- End-to-end support to comply with global data privacy laws (such as the General Data Protection Regulation, including Schrems II, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the New York SHIELD Act, and the South African POPIA).
- Data Protection Officer as a Service (DPO) powered by a team of in-house American, European, and South African privacy attorneys and IT security experts.
- Article 27 GDPR Data Protection Representative (DPR) services, both in the EU and in the UK. VeraSafe’s DPR services are a simple, comprehensive, and efficient way to satisfy the GDPR Article 27 requirement to have a representative within the EU or the UK.
- Penetration testing for web applications, APIs, and mobile apps.
- NIST CSF-based IT Security policy implementation services.
- Data breach prevention planning and response program. Our multi-jurisdictional team is immediately available to help you respond to your suspected or confirmed data breach, including mitigation, analysis, and reporting.
Do you need a data protection representative (DPR) in the European Union pursuant to Article 27? Contact us today for a free consultation or a no-obligation quote.